Author Topic: CANtieCAR installation problem.  (Read 34553 times)

Archie

CANtieCAR installation problem.
« on: September 02, 2010, 22:07:13 »
Hi! Just bought CANtieCAR adapter and stuck with installation. First of all I have wiped out all FTDI drivers and have installed Adapter as instructed. Adapter was recognized by Configurator on COM4. After that I had installed Digiprog and device now is recognized as Digiprog USB Interface by Device Manager, but by CantieCAR configurator It's not recognized as USB device or any other device. On Configurator I've got COM6,7, 15....22 (Device\porte) and COM3 ( Winachsf0) and it's not recognizing any USB port. I have tried to install it on two computers with no luck. Both machines has Windows XP SP3 installed. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or what's wrong?
Thanks
Archie
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:14:59 by Admin »

Oleksandr

• Administrator
    • tieCAR.net Forum ::.
Re: CANtieCar installation problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 00:59:42 »
Hi! Just bought CANtieCAR adapter and stuck with installation. First of all I have wiped out all FTDI drivers and have installed Adapter as instructed. Adapter was recognized by Configurator on COM4. After that I had installed Digiprog and device now is recognized as Digiprog USB Interface by Device Manager, but by CantieCAR configurator It's not recognized as USB device or any other device. On Configurator I've got COM6,7, 15....22 (Device\porte) and COM3 ( Winachsf0) and it's not recognizing any USB port. I have tried to install it on two computers with no luck. Both machines has Windows XP SP3 installed. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or what's wrong?
Thanks
Archie

no any FTDI drivers is present in your system
so it is present two decision of your problem...

1. Fast way - you can to find on CD-ROM and copy to the some folder
- CD\CANtieCAR.exe
- CD\Drivers\CDM 2.06.00 tieCAR.net\i386\tcd2xx.dll
or
CD\Drivers\CDM 2.06.00 WHQL Certified\i386\ftd2xx.dll

Run configurator from that forlder and use USB-port

2. Slow way
- disconnect CANtieCAR at USB
- press Button on CANtieCAR
- plug CANtieCAR in USB-port
- wait until windows would found usb-device
- release button
- your CANtieCAR in first Loopback mede (factory default)
- you have to ignore any led blinks until that

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
after any way you have to select all K-Line liked modes in series
it will be to install all possible drivers and in the future you would not to have any problems liked current
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archie

Re: CANtieCAR installation problem.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 02:32:22 »
Thanks or quick replay. Get all working!
Thanks!

Archie

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 01:24:00 »
Hello!
Still have some problems. At the moment get working KWP2000 software, Digiprog and Galleto software. Its working fine with no probs. Can't get working CMD software. I have tried on several cars and getting the same trouble. I'm setting configurator to CMD, then going to CMD application, then choozing car, model etc.. Next coming up popup window with - connect interface to car...connecting and nothing happening. After some time it's coming up with can't connect and restart application. That's all what I can get. Do You have any suggestions about that? May be I have done something wrong with installation?
It's taking a long time getting thru all that, because I'm full time worker and our workshop is pretty busy and I still have no time to play with VAG software....maybe this week...
And one more qestion. What about CAN based cars? I have tried to read EDC16C34 on Peugeot307 with Galleto and all was OK, but on Peugeot 407 with the same engine management system it isn't working. 407 is not listed in Galleto and only difference which i could find is communication on DLC.
Thanks
Archie

Oleksandr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 16:04:25 »
Hello!
Still have some problems. At the moment get working KWP2000 software, Digiprog and Galleto software. Its working fine with no probs. Can't get working CMD software. I have tried on several cars and getting the same trouble. I'm setting configurator to CMD, then going to CMD application, then choozing car, model etc.. Next coming up popup window with - connect interface to car...connecting and nothing happening. After some time it's coming up with can't connect and restart application. That's all what I can get. Do You have any suggestions about that? May be I have done something wrong with installation?
It's taking a long time getting thru all that, because I'm full time worker and our workshop is pretty busy and I still have no time to play with VAG software....maybe this week...
And one more qestion. What about CAN based cars? I have tried to read EDC16C34 on Peugeot307 with Galleto and all was OK, but on Peugeot 407 with the same engine management system it isn't working. 407 is not listed in Galleto and only difference which i could find is communication on DLC.
Thanks
Archie

all software is brought "as is"
we are not developers of sw
as for CMD v1236 - you have to set system date to 2006

last time new modes has added
you can to update firmware in your adapter (http://www.tiecar.net/support.html#CANtieCAR)
newest firmware - http://www.tiecar.net/downloads/CANtieCAR_BW01066042_FW01036938.zip

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 16:35:30 by Admin »

Archie

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 21:19:00 »
Thanks for replay! I will try tomorrow!

Archie

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 23:09:55 »
Thanks for Your help! Get all things working, including VAG stuff.
Thanks.

dimonrace

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 21:55:59 »
Hi!I have some problems.No posible update firmware.Can i get procedure to update last firmware.Thanks.

Oleksandr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 22:12:28 »
format flash disk on CANtieCAR

msiclari2

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 18:06:08 »

hi,
Please how to update firmware on CANtieCAR.
i download CANtieCAR v2.x Firmware (BW:2.2.842/FW:2.2.2994)
How to upgrade ? i tried with usb cable and bluetooth the program always :
Waiting Connection...
Connecting...
Please help me.

yet another problem
on My Computer I do not see more flash disk..... ???

Oleksandr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 18:30:03 »

hi,
Please how to update firmware on CANtieCAR.
i download CANtieCAR v2.x Firmware (BW:2.2.842/FW:2.2.2994)
How to upgrade ? i tried with usb cable and bluetooth the program always :
Waiting Connection...
Connecting...
Please help me.

yet another problem
on My Computer I do not see more flash disk..... ???

seems you have problem with built-in flash card
1. disassemble CANtieCAR
2. take flash-card
3. use card-reader (it may to require MicroSD to SD adapter)
4. format flash-card by SDFormater (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/)
5. if card would not be formatted - buy new... (i am sorry)